Power System and Engineering Study
Aims to analyze the undisturbed and disturbed conditions of the utility and industrial power system; in order to take the correct actions in optimizing the design, function and performance of the systems, which include:
Power System Impact, and Protection Coordination Studies
- Visual Inspection (site survey).
- System operating studies, performance & failure analysis (load flow, short circuit, arc flash, motor starting, capacitor placement, harmonics, UPS & DC system, and transient stability studies).
- Relay setting calculation & protection coordination study.
- Load shedding schemes evaluation and remedial actions.
- Grounding studies and analysis.
- Evaluation and review of technical losses in distribution system.
Feasibility Studies & Technical Evaluation
- Power plant integration pre‐feasibility study.
- HVDC converter and system integration study.
- AC/DC Transmission Planning and Operating Studies.
- Economic and reliability analysis.
Transient Electromagnetic in Power Systems
- Transformer inrush and capacitor switching transients.
- Circuit breaker transient recovery voltage (TRV).
- Surge protection & insulation coordination study.
- Sub‐synchronous resonance (electrical & mechanical system interactions in turbine generators).
- Power quality assessment and mitigation techniques.
Front End Engineering Design (FEED), and Engineering Basic Design
- Engineering review, and calculation.
- Equipment specification, and as build drawings.
Assessment, Testing and Calibration of Switchgear Electrical Equipments
- Maintenance and calibration of electrical equipment
- Evaluation & review of relay and circuit breaker maloperation, and improper relays coordination.
- Off‐line and Real Time Dynamic Simulation).
Engineering & Commissioning
Aim to provide engineering, construction and commissioning services for new projects, and for revamping/retrofits of the existing installations by:
- Managing the selection and deployment of engineering and construction teams which consist of control delivery/ scheduling, advise for design improvement, and construction/ hook-up site management services.
- Set up and supervise the pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up teams during the engineering preparation and yard/ site execution.
- Ensuring project management system are properly followed and implemented in accordance with client policies.
- Geographic Information System & Power System Database Development.
- Design of Automated Mapping and Facilities Management of Power System, Transmission and Distribution.
- Hospital Information System.
Education, Training & Transfer of Technology
On or Off Site Training Courses include theoretical and practical sessions and well-documented exercises dedicated to power system, power plant operation & maintenance personnel. As a result, the personnel will be well prepared to handle both daily operation and any type of disturbance situation.
Type of Training:
- Power System & Protection Coordination – PC Based Training Module,
- Simulation of Power System & Power Electronics Application devices,
- Competency Level Training for Power Plant Operators and Technicians.